Johnson Street Bridge
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Client: MMM Group
Initial bridge concept being evaluated by MMM, designed by Wilkinson Eyre Architects (UK).
The scope of work that is to be provided by M+EG for the project considers the following:
- Supervision of drilling, sampling (rock-coring) and in-situ testing at selected onshore and in-river locations;
- Laboratory testing;
- 1D site response analyses using equivalent linear program (SHAKE);
- Analyses of rock-socketed pile foundations;
- Determination of soil-pile kinematic interaction under seismic events;
- Stability and settlement analyses for the proposed embankment approach.
- Provide foundation stiffness matrix representing the set of springs for the pile foundation, as requested by MMM Group. In addition, acceleration time-history records including the soil-pile interactions have also provided to MMM Group for structural design of the bascule pier.