- Analysis and design of surcharge/preload to control ground settlements under static loads including the design of additional drainage (e.g. wick drains).
- Evaluation and design of lightweight fills to control post-construction settlement.
- Analysis and design of ground improvement using vibratory methods: vibro-replacement stone columns, vibro-compaction, rapid impact compaction, dynamic compaction.
- Analysis and design of ground improvement using densification/reinforcing methods: timber piles, concrete/steel piles, soil mixing, etc.
- Evaluation of the impact of ground improvement on adjacent structures/utilities and definition of protection schemes and/or mitigation measures.
- Non-linear numerical analyses (FLAC) of ground response including soil-structure interaction to evaluate and/or optimize ground improvement measures for complex and/or large remediation projects.