Policy Statement on Sustainability
It is the objective of MEG Consulting Limited (M+EG) to contribute wherever possible to adopt a responsible attitude to protecting the environment by developing innovative and sustainable design solutions. M+EG is committed to:
- Collaborating fully with all members of the project team and other Stakeholders to develop and adopt best-practices for sustainable development.
- Specifying materials which are durable, economic and do not require excessive energy to produce.
- The use of recycled materials as a first option wherever possible.
- Minimize the use of non-renewable resources and re-use on-site materials.
- Any waste generated through the drilling operations should be managed safely, recycled and/or reused.
- Eco-design solutions by the removal or reduction of any potential environmental impacts associated with a product or a service at the design stage
- Designing a product so that it can be disassembled at the end of its useful life and its components re-used or recycled.
- Local sourcing of labour and materials
- Consider the effects of movement of spoil on site and corresponding waste production and disposal.
- Encourage and positively promote in-house recycling schemes and to promote effective and meaningful environmental best practice
- Adopting measures to minimize pollution, including that relating to air, water, land, light and noise and adverse impact on the environment and local community
- Training staff, suppliers and contractors to enhance awareness of government environmental legislation and regulations.
- Adopting energy efficient practices, plant and materials.
- Balancing economic viability with environmental and social responsibility to provide lifetime design solutions.
We regularly follow developments on the APEGBC website in relation to sustainability.